Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thinking Out Loud

Okay, as anticipated in my previous post, here is a little thinking-out-loud I did earlier in the day while feeling somewhat inspired and energized. It's a reflection upon the Abraham-Hicks writings I've been studying lately. I got pretty intense towards the end there. But it's just a thought process, just an attempt to wrestle with some different ideas, meaning it's totally open to change. And knowing me, change it will!

Now, here is a second recording I made a little later in the afternoon. This one is more specific to raw food; I talk about struggling with overeating and hunger. And in true Rachel fashion, I wax philosophical about the deeper meaning of hunger. I want to write on this in more depth, but for now, the audio gives some of my ideas on the subject. Oh, and there is a little error: in the middle I am talking about how cooked food makes you feel very full, and then I switch to talking about raw food as a constrast, but I accidentally say "cooked food" again. Whoops.

I just want to add the general caveat that I am in the early stages of raw food, with only 2 months under my belt here. So I am still struggling and transitioning, and that shows in my writings and ideas. But like I said in my initial post, I don't want to wait until I have it "together" to start putting myself out there. I want to expose myself in all my humanity, because I think the struggle can be a beautiful thing. Besides, I'm just too excited about this stuff to keep it to myself any longer!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

i apologize if this is a repeat, it looks like the first comment didn't go through. . . but i wanted to tell you rachel, that i love your musings and look forward to more- and understand the almost addictive and very fun newness of starting a blog with raw and life thoughts, as i recently began one as well.. . http://wyldeandraw.blogspot.com/

so i appreciate all these energetic connections we're all sharing and only good things can come of it!
cheers, jenny

Aster* said...

Dear rachel raw, thank you so much for your courage to post your human struggles with food and life. I find my own swimming upstream to be lonely at times, since i feel like the only one questioning cooked food, the world, etc. I am drawing a lot of inspiration from your words. you are making a difference by letting the rest of us know what your world is like. good luck and i look forward to reading more!